Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chapter 1: Beginnings.

Photobucket 
Hello, My name is Kiwi, Kiwi Malkier.  I am a 19 year old fire fighter.  What made me choose to do this job?
Well it started a while back.....
My Mum and Dad had not even thought of my brother and I. She had a sister, well she actually had 3 and they were all a set to a twin. Her twin, named Rue, was a troubled child. No one actually knew the real reason for this. She fell pregnant when she was a teenager, followed by marrying the father.  Mum had left to live with Dad then, although they were only friends at that time. Mum and Aunt Rue had not talked in a very long time, until one Christmas, Rue decided she would get help and go to see a psychiatrist for her mental disability. 
Photobucket
In between there and this next incident, Mum and Dad decided they loved one another and announced they were to get married. This is the really sad part, Grandma Jordan passed on at the bachelorette party.  Everyone was really upset but the next day, Grandad Vance come to see Mum. He told her he wanted her to go on with the wedding. So she got ready and the youngest of the twins turned up, Rue was no where to be seen. When Mum tried to find Rue, she was at the motel were they were all meant to stay, but everyone was so upset from Grandma Jordan's passing, that they stayed at home.  Rue did not, she was at the motel, passed out surrounded by pills and booze.
Photobucket
No one knew if she was going to survive, but the wedding was canceled and Mum stayed by Rue's side the whole time  Rue eventually woke up, she had everyone by her side, including Uncle Jarabi and Rodrigo.  Rue decided she would never talk to mother again and was sent to a rehab facility. By then Jarabi and Rue had given birth to another little boy who they named Coy, and Mum and Dad had Vett.

They never did get married, which was sad, but they were happy. Also by then Jade and Tegan (the younger of the twins) had grown up and started their own families. Grandad also announced that he was gay, and everyone came to terms with that. So Vett and I grew up around that life knowing it was ok. Some people didn't get it.

Somewhere in there Mum and Dad had me. Vett and I were close with Coy, but Jarabi was all grown up and come to visit Mum sometimes, but he had his own life.  We were like the 3 musketeers if you didn't count the times they would laugh at me because I was the only girl. I sometimes couldn't do things they could.  By the time we were teenagers, life seemed like it was normal, Coy had his mother back.  But his Dad had started seeing some one else, so most of the time he lived with his dad and went to see his mother in the weekends.

After Coy went home one weekend, Rue was heading out of town to visit a friend of her's from rehab.  No one actually knew what happened, but the car crashed and rolled down into a ditch. People say she did this on purpose, but why would anyone want to roll their car and let their body burn? Rue never lived to see her sons grow up, the town often spoke of the "Crazy woman". People mad fun of Coy for this, and kids never let us live it down either.
But after the ordeal my whole family went through, Rue was actually getting back to a normal state in her life.  I vowed to protect people as much as I could.That is when I decided I would be a fire fighter.
I started jogging and exercising to build up my strength. The boys thought it was silly, but you could see it in Coy's eyes that he appreciated the gesture.
Photobucket
To this day we have each others side. I no longer wanted to live in Queenstown, people talked too much, like no one else had lives. Vett and Coy followed, I think they still think of me as a little girl, that I couldn't make it in this big bad world alone. I guess they were sort of right. First we lived in an apartment together, but that got too much for me. So when I saved enough money, I moved to the dingy part of town and got a little 2 bedroom apartment. I have been the water girl at the fire station for a while now, I guess they don't see how this prissy little blonde thing could do any damage, but they will see. For now I will practice the drills with the fire safety instructor Joey Vasher.
Photobucket
Coy had started dating a girl. Who convinced him to follow his dream and get a job in the film career. Something happened to slip. Coy and Jodie Trammel had an accident and are expecting their first child over the next few months. Vett on the other hand has a job in the music business, he still lives with the couple.  Hopefully Jodie lets him live there forever.
Photobucket
Life is slowly moving along, but I do hope for everyones sake, that our luck is going to turn around.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Awww, she's so adorable. I really like how you've written this chapter, including pictures and backstory from the Malkiers.

    I love her outfit in the last couple of pictures too! And hair!

    Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start and recap of Kiwi's early life, Kayla. I'm excited to see where her life will take her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's adorable and I really appreciated the back-story since I didn't read the Malkiers at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'awww. I enjoyed the recap and can't wait to read Kiwi's story. Did I mention how much I love her name? Yeah - it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete